Eating Disorder Treatment in Cape Town
Eating disorder is a collective term for several conditions or disorders with related characteristics. The best-known eating disorders are Anorexia (Anorexia nervosa) and Bulimia (Bulimia Nervosa). Entering inpatient treatment for an eating disorder is a brave step towards recovery.
At what point do eating disorders require residential treatment?
- Other levels of care have been ineffective.
- There are secondary behaviours to consider.
- You need psychiatric stabilisation or help.
- You are medically compromised or could become so during re-feeding.
- You are unable to gain weight, stop binge eating, stop purging at home or stop the behaviour.
Eating Disorders Cape Town Treatment Centre
Complete continuum of care for severe eating disorder recovery.
There is no single reason behind why people develop eating disorders, however there are predisposing factors. Vulnerability factors can be genetic (hereditary) or psychological (personality related). Environmental conditions such as the early childhood environment can also be a factor in whether a person develops an eating disorder or not. Western culture and media are an influence in body-related disorders, especially for women.