Eating Disorder Treatment in Cape Town
Eating disorder is a collective term for several conditions or disorders with related characteristics. The best-known eating disorders are anorexia (Anorexsia nervosa) and bulimia (Bulimia Nervosa). Even considering inpatient treatment for an eating disorder is a big step.
At what point do eating disorders require residential treatment
- Other levels of care have been ineffective
- There are secondary behaviors to consider
- You need psychiatric stabilisation or help
- You are medically compromised or could become so during re-feeding
- You are unable to gain weight / stop binge eating / stop purging at home / stop the behaviour
Eating Disorders Cape Town Treatment Centre
Complete continuum of care for severe eating disorder recovery.
There is no single reason for some people to develop eating disorders. Some people are however more vulnerable than others. Vulnerability factors can be genetic (hereditary) or psychological (personality related). Environmental conditions such as early childhood can also be a factor in whether a person develops eating disorder or not. Western culture and media influence especially for women.
Eating disorders can kill, and if you are already in trouble, you need medical attention, not self-help tips.