For the past few years, I have been using exercise as a means to tackle my anxiety, depression and alcohol used disorders. Recently I was injured and am unable to exercise as I was for the next few months. Any suggestions?
- Exercise certainly is one but not the only channel that people use to combat systemic mental health issues.
- Diet plays a significant role in stabilising natural feel-good chemicals in your body and brain. Eating proper foods that have natural nutrients as opposed to processed “junk foods”.
- Work on getting a decent amount of natural sleep.
- Meditation clearing and guided meditations to restore positive self-talk and set the right frames of mind.
- Focused breathing techniques to walk you through panic attacks breathing deeply and consciously.
- Talk therapy speaking to a human to unravel what is driving the behaviours.
- Yoga poses can be modified to suit individual needs. There’s even yoga practised while sitting in a chair.