It was Socrates who said “the unexamined life is not worth living”. Self-reflection is integral to happiness; the ability to examine your life and to evaluate the course you are on.
How Will Rapid Personal Transformation Help You?
- RPT of course assists in the fight with all types of anxiety, stress and depression by using many of the tools used in behaviour changes.
- RPT is very handy in helping healing mental physical as well as sexual abuses.
- RPT will help you enhance your confidence levels and increase your day to day communication abilities.
- RPT will help you create successful personal as well as professional relationships.
- It will give you clarity and guidance for your future career and life goals.
- RPT can further help you stop smoking and many other harmful addictions.
- It can help heal past traumas regardless of how far back they are.
Humans are always in a process of personal growth and personal transformation is a lifelong journey. There are, however times we tend to go off track and land up in unprogressive cycles that do not help us along our journey.
Here are the basic tools to used to accelerate your process of your personal growth and rapid transformation.
- Take the time to choose your path carefully, even if you are only focused on short term goals. You can’t leap frog mount Everest. It starts with a plan to move itemise the problems that you can tackle one at a time and to start working toward the summit.
- Let training, experience and your intuition be your biggest guide. If you are not learning, you are not living and at the times where you do not know what to do, ask a friend or trust your instincts. Whatever the outcome you will be learning.
- Take responsibility for your journey, it does not belong to anyone else. True personal transformation is a lonely journey, perhaps the loneliest journey. No stupid blog post on the internet can encapsulate your specific journey or identify your goals. The responsibility to be a better person comes from you deciding that you want to be and then being.
- Be aware of what you actually want in your life and be prepared to let go of things that are stopping you from getting there. Getting cluttered up in what other people want and expect is a sure fire recipe for disaster. This is your ride, set your goals selfishly and be sure that those are the things that want out of life and if you change your mind along the way, hey the only person worth answering to is yourself.
- Stop talking and listen more. Since we were born we understood the world from our own perspective, yet the greatest learnings in our personal journeys come through stopping the self chatter and listening to good advice, taking time to actively hear another perspective, reflecting on other human’s experiences. It is a great honour and a privilege to learn about yourself from other peoples experiences. This is not to say you have to agree, it is the art form of simply and truly listening.
- Practice empathy by putting yourself in another persons emotional shoes, try thinking about how they must be feeling in any given situation. By projecting in your own mind how other people feel you learn to gauge your own emotional responses better, and be a better human while you are at it.
- Practice the fine craft of looking at yourself realistically and positively. There are many good if not great things you do each day and should be prod of. So be proud of yourself for those things and in the small areas where you have failed recognise them as part of your learning curve.
- Let action follow your insights. As you learn more about better ways of handling problematic areas of your life, keep applying newly learned skills biting off bigger and bigger chunks until they are no longer problems in your life.
Of course there are many other tips and tricks but these are the core focus areas in personal transformation that neatly dovetail with widely proven Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and other therapies like Acceptance and Commitment Therapy ACT used in the direct assistance of people with more intensive requirements for psychotherapeutic treatments in mental health.
To learn more about how you can maximise personal transformation in mental health treatment, read the full article. Recovery Direct believes in assisting individuals to live the best lives they can. We treat a range of behavioural and substance-use disorders. If you are struggling with an addiction, contact us.